Atlas Copco Cited Among World’s Most Sustainable Companies
Atlas Copco ranks 18th among the 2013 Global 100 Most Sustainable Companies – a list presented on Jan. 23 at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. This is the seventh time that Atlas Copco has appeared in the Global 100 rankings.
Along with being named in this exclusive list, Atlas Copco AB is also a member of the Dow Jones World Sustainability Index and over the last two years has been recognized by Forbes, Thomson-Reuters and Newsweek, among others, for its commitment to innovation and sustainability.
Atlas Copco sustainability initiatives, both globally and in the U.S. include:
· Boosting customer energy efficiency by at least 20 percent between 2010 and 2020 by continuously designing and developing more efficient products.
· Membership by Atlas Copco Compressors with the U.S. Green Building Council.
· An initiative between Atlas Copco Secoroc and the U.S. Department of Energy, as part of President Obama’s challenge to generate 80 percent of U.S. electricity from clean energy sources by 2035, to develop a down-the-hole (DTH) hammer design capable of low-cost, high-production drilling in the high temperatures of deep geothermal wells.
· Reducing Atlas Copco’s water consumption and promoting clean drinking water in countries in need. The employee run Water for All organization will pass $200 thousand in donations in the U.S. in 2013.
· Increasing employee diversity in both nationality and gender.
The Global 100 list is based on a selection of 4,000 developed and emerging market companies, which are measured against key performance indicators such as revenues in relation to consumption of energy and water. For more information, visit http://global100.org.
Atlas Copco is an industrial group with world-leading positions in compressors, expanders and air treatment systems, construction and mining equipment, power tools and assembly systems. With innovative products and services, Atlas Copco delivers solutions for sustainable productivity. The company was founded in 1873, is based in Stockholm, Sweden, and has a global reach spanning more than 170 countries. In 2011, Atlas Copco had 37,500 employees and revenues of BSEK 81 (BEUR 9). Learn more at www.atlascopco.com.
Atlas Copco in North America operates 109 locations and employs more than 4,500 people in the United States. The North American market contributed $2.4B in revenue in 2011 or approximately one-fifth of the company’s overall revenue. Learn more at www.atlascopco.us.