Five Reasons to Invest in Original Parts for Your Compressor
Do a web search for “OEM versus aftermarket parts” and you’ll get more than 400,000 results debating the merits of each. Air compressors, like cars, incorporate many parts that will eventually need to be replaced during the lifetime of the compressor. The question is whether to replace worn-out parts with genuine parts, or with non-genuine parts.
- Longer life expectancy – Regularly serving equipment using genuine parts ensures that the installation will last longer, saving your facility money. Cutting corners to save money at the outset may result in a shorter lifetime and more costs down the road.
- Quality – Original parts are manufactured to meet the same standards of the compressor. You wouldn’t put regular gas in a car that requires premium because of the risk of damaging other equipment with a lower quality product. The same is true with air compressors.
- Reliability – Using original parts lowers the risk of a production breakdown, which would not only be very costly, but could also endanger product quality, deadlines and profit margins.
- Productivity – Non-original parts may not be designed to work as optimally with the air compressor as replacements of the original parts. With less efficient parts, your facility could be spending more on energy for less compressed air output.
- Energy Savings – When an air compressor is operating at its optimal performance, pressure drops occur less often which leads to increased energy savings.
What happens when there is an emergency and a part is needed as soon as possible? Choosing a reliable partner who can deliver quality parts when you need them helps keep your production up and running. Learn more about our Total Customer Care and how Atlas Copco can serve as a performance partner that contributes to the productivity of your processes.
If you’d like to learn more, fill out our form below and a representative will be in touch with you shortly.