Selecting Blower Technology for Industrial Wastewater Treatment Applications
The following is an excerpt from the article, Optimize Blower Energy Use published in the January issue of Plant Services. The article is by Paul Petersen, regional sales manager – blowers and low pressure compressors.
This article provides an overview of the blower technologies available for wastewater treatment, and discusses the advantages and limitations of each technology in various wastewater treatment applications, with a specific focus on secondary wastewater treatment methods that utilize blowers in their processes.
Four Stages of Wastewater Treatment
- Pretreatment typically involves some type of filtration or screening.
- Primary treatment can be accomplished by either dissolved air flotation (DAF) or sedimentation.
- Secondary treatment is most commonly accomplished by the activated sludge process, and this article covers several other methods of secondary treatment in addition to the activated sludge process.
- Tertiary treatment is not always required, but can be accomplished by additional filtration, advanced oxidation, UV disinfection or a combination of these methods depending on the quality of effluent required.
You can read the full article, which provides detailed information on secondary wastewater treatment applications, blower technologies and important factors to consider when selecting blowers by visiting the Plant Services website and reading Optimize Blower Energy Usein the January digital edition. You can also follow along on The Fifth Utility as we explore each of these topics in-depth in the coming weeks. Subscribe to The Fifth Utility and receive an email newsletter every Friday morning with links to the week’s articles.
If you would like to learn more about Atlas Copco’s blower technologies, fill out the below form and a representative will be in touch with you shortly.
For further information please contact:
- Erik Arfalk, Vice President, Communications & Branding
Atlas Copco Compressors, LLC
Atlas Copco Compressors LLC is part of the Compressor Technique Business Area, and its headquarters are located in Rock Hill, S.C. The company manufactures, markets, and services oil-free and oil-injected stationary air compressors, air treatment equipment, and air management systems, including local manufacturing of select products. The Atlas Copco Group, which celebrated its 140th anniversary in 2013, is among the Top 100 sustainable companies in the world and a member of the Dow Jones World Sustainability Index. Atlas Copco has also been recognized by Forbes, Thomson-Reuters and Newsweek, among others, for its commitment to innovation and sustainability. Atlas Copco Compressors has major sales, manufacturing, production, and distribution facilities located in California, Illinois, Massachusetts, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Texas.